Lily's Prayer

The Lord has provided, Jadon is Home with his Forever Family!

Monday, September 7, 2009

Wonder If?

It's been a great Labor Day Weekend. We've definitely labored around the house all weekend. Our first visit from the social worker is scheduled for September 18th. Our house is always "liveable clean" just not "visitor clean"! So we have spent several hours already trying to make the house look like June Cleaver lives here. Our biggest project was cleaning out the office room which will soon be the bedroom for the newest member of our family. I can't wait until we know if it is a girl or boy so that we can start decorating the room for him or her.

I know that we are still very early in the process and soon I will be overwhelmed by the paperwork so for now I have been reflecting on the "wonder ifs?" of the unknown journey. I wonder if the child God has for us is a boy or girl? I wonder what age he/she will be? I wonder how long we will have to wait? I wonder how soon we will be making our first visit to Haiti? I wonder how long it will take us to raise the funds for the adoption? I wonder how excited he/she will be to see us? I think you get my point as to where my mind has been lately. The one thing I don't wonder is how much God is in this journey. HE is involved 100% of it! So when my mind is off wondering I can easily reel it back in because God's plan is perfect. It doesn't matter if it is a girl or boy, how long we wait or when all of the funds are available. God has the perfect child picked out for us and HIS plan for bringing our child home is in HIS perfect timing.

A few things coming soon are David's first blog, our first fundraiser and yard sale details! Just like Lily said in a previous blog... We can't wait to see how many lives God will change through our journey and we know our lives will never be the same! It's all for HIM and HIS glory!

Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness. " Psalm 115:1.

In Christ's great love,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment