Lily's Prayer

The Lord has provided, Jadon is Home with his Forever Family!

Monday, July 26, 2010

Lily's Thoughts

GOD IS WONDERFUL ,AWESOME, AND AT WORK!!!!!! I was overjoyed when i found out that we would be getting Jadon! I may not know him yet but I LOVE HIM WITH ALL MY HEART and am proud to call him my brother. No matter what people say , what he does, or what color he is I will always love him and be proud of him!! HE may be different from me but to me he is just the same and my WONDERFUL little brother!!!
I think its amazing how GOD has had me meet several new people who are adopting and go through the same things. This past week I meet a wonderful college student whose family just got her two year old little brother. His name is Kadon it was oringinally supposed to be Jadon. Isn't it funny how his name is spelt the same way except with a K? GOD works in funny ways. They may seem funny how it works but in the long run it really helps you understand what GOD has in store for you.
Also I believe that GOD put her in my life to encourage me. I've had a friend who said adoption stinks it doesn't rock. That made me mad but I didn't stop trusting that GOD was going to have it work out just fine. (which it did!) She went through something similar to that. There will be hardships through the time he gets home probably until the day he dies or JESUS CHRIST comes back but until then GOD will help us through it.
This past week on the middle school mission trip GOD called me to ministry. I don't know what kind of ministry yet but just maybe it might be the adoption ministry. Isn't it crazy how GOD works?
We were on the list for 13 days and got a referral when most the time it takes 9 months. Isn't that crazy?
This summer i have grown in my spiritual walk with CHRIST which has helped me decide to conquer my fear of flying to go get my little brother(who i can't wait to see). I trusted in GOD! Through this adoption process I realized if there is something your scared about trust in GOD! I was scared when we started the process to be honest i was scared we were going to get matched with a child and then lose him I'm still scared about it. But I am trusting GOD is going to have it work out fine.
Today I found out that if Jadon hadn't been put in an orphanage and he was my age he would be working or he could possibly be married. It broke my heart. That is why I am so excited and grateful that we are getting Jadon or he would live in poverty for the rest of his life or could possilbly die. 12% of children die before age 5. That song Hosana says break my heart for what breaks yours today GOD did!
I AM VERY PROUD TO SAY JADON IS MY BROTHER!


LOVE,
LILY

P.S. GOD IS AMAZING! AND LOVE GOD MORE THAN ANYTHING!

2 comments:

  1. Lily that is amazing. God will open your eyes so much in Africa. He did mine. The flight is so worth the way your heart will forever change. You are very mature for your age and I am very excited about what God is going to do with you. Have you read Katie Davis' blog? She is awesome! Here it is. http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have been praying for your family. It is amazing the people God puts in your life to help you along the path that He has laid out for you. I have experienced many of the same things lately. We are adopting from Rwanda and God has put some truly wonderful people in our path lately to encourage us as well. Some have come completely through the kindness of other bloggers. One blogger friend sent us a box of great things to sell at our auction. It was truly a blessing. I am not a happy crier, but this really got to me. So glad that you get to add Jadon to your family!

    ReplyDelete